Sunday, April 27, 2008

creepy crawlies

i hate to sound like a girly girl, but there are BUGS in my room. ever since i boarded up my fireplace ive noticed bugs trying to get out from under my cardboard, but then they get caught up in all the tape and all and so i get to see them, stuck, in all their full glory. bugs stuck in scotchtape=3

then today i saw one in my laundry basket, dead=1
and one crawling around, alive=1

and i am freakkking out abit. i googled "brown bugs london" and all other variations, and strangely i cant really describe them. they do have alot of legs, but they're not exactly any of the categories of bugs on the internet. ive narrowed it down to maybe the lavae of carpet beetle though, which is apparently common in southern england, totally fits.
;(

looks like i have to get a bug spray even before i buy my mice traps.

edit: im slightly obsessed i swear. two hours later i spotted another one, only bigger, crawling OUT from under. naturally i changed into my jeans in record breaking time and i went out to get pesticide. only that when i lifted my cardboard to spray into it, i dont see any bugs. none at all.
now i think it might not be carpet larvae but it might be woodlice, which is attracted to damp conditions and is generally not harmful. its not even an insect! and besides woodlice generally die out if its dry (silica gel, anybody??)
;(

No comments: