Wednesday, October 29, 2008

happy diwali!

and this is how my diwali day went:

9am: decides not to go for make up medical class. sorry stuart andrews!
11am: michael wilkinson is doing jurisprudence! i really think he's a nice guy but i just dont get him when he lectures. rachel and i debated whether he's lost or gained weight.
12noon: goes for jurisprudence class. i teach my bbc friend another hokkien swear word.
12.01pm: nose works come on and valerie keeps looking over, oops.
12.58pm: my handphone rings in class, and my tutor concludes he's gone over time. ;)
1pm: get my hairdryer back from jessica, finally, but my ears were so blocked i couldnt really hear what she was saying...
1.30pm: i finally make my way over to meet jon to discuss about trial moot. no rooms in the library are available (fully booked til 5pm) sooo we make our way to the new academic building's new cafe.
1.45pm: we realise we cannot find a good argument for one point.
2pm: he makes his way to his class, and while walking he notices my new hair colour! yay
2.10pm: tries to find a free computer in the library, to no avail. make myself comfortable in one of the table facing the wall downstairs.
2.30pm: my ipod dies after singing its last breath on Ingrid Michaelson's Far Away. as soon as i put down my earphone, this old lady beind me says 'oh please go get a handkerchief, the sniffing is so annoying!'
2.31pm: i recover from my shock and apologise.
3.15pm: i stayed at my spot longer than i intended to, and in defiance sniffed loudly before i left. TWICE.
3.17pm: cannot find a free computer. panic, because i have to send an email before lecture.
3.20pm: spotted: two girls abusing the quick access computer policy by hogging the com spots to study. i go over and ask to use the computer. i stand and try to finish using the computer as fast as i can, while half debating whether to tell them to go find their own study spots.
3.30pm: ivan spots me and borrows copy card from me.
3.40pm: still stuck at the com, not going well and i figured i cant finish before lecture starts. sends email promising to attach the full authorities tonight.
3.45pm: hand towel thing in toilet is stuck.
4pm: medical law lecture. didnt have the notes cos i didnt go for class, so i simply sat and listened.
4.02pm: sees the essay questions,panicked a little when i didnt understand two of the questions; then realised i was being silly because we have not done those two yet.
4.25pm: finished my can of coke ;(
4.55pm: jay comes over and tells me how she loves my clothes. weekly ego booster;)
5pm: public international law lecture. spotted: tristan lookalike, again!
5.55pm: my bottle of sparkling water erupted all over me and my books. brilliant.
6.05pm: starts to drizzle a bit when i walk home, we tease judy about her saliva.
6.20pm: meets cheryl for groceries, and as soon as i walk out of my house it starts to pour.
6.21pm: it hailed. ! in oct. !
8pm: we spend way too long in waitrose and i end up with snacks. and also lots of fruits to balance it up.
8.20pm: i have oven baked fish and chips, which cheers me up a little, sigh.
10.13pm: finished dinner, sent email, and my lover is making me jealous.

and now i will go have an early night.

edit:
10.20pm: ITS SNOWING!

No comments: