Sunday, March 23, 2008

now i can vote (and watch RA movies)

officially 21 years 22 hours old.

not much reflection on life yet, just quiet, peaceful time to myself after everyone has gone back and all the party is over. france trip was fun and pretty, oh those roaring nights of german bridge until 2ams. yes we were a random group of friends, but it turned out great or so id like to think;) id always remember that pot of 114mussels and ian's 12 escargots as starters. and ian's horrible driving; me grabbing ENSHRINE; poor joanne being labelled throughout the trip (blame ian!) and florrine's cheese. and gangwei's random intellectual sprouts. ;)

came back midnight of my birthday- celebrated that, twice, on the plane. first time they woke me up at 12 midnight france time, to a cupcake with four stirrers stuck in the middle (as candles), then second time they woke me up again (london time) to pop champagne. quite funny cos i was obviously very groggy and sleepy :)
then i came back home to a room filled with streamers and balloons and lightsticks that spelt happy birthday. and roshni was already in my house which made it even more of a pleasant surprise.
i woke up that morning to a home cooked breakfast by roshni and mayling, but haha (oops) i went back straight to sleep cos hey, i slept at 4am! when i finally did wake up roshni couldnt stop giggling about what was going to happen that day ;)

then she revealed the treasure hunt around london ;)
we were off to a very slow start cos i brought them on the long way to get to soho. but we did get there, eventually, and first stop- haha. (sex shop). well basically they blindfolded me and made me choose my birthday present. lets just say even for the adventurous side of me, i see no use in my present so if you're feeling sexually adventurous come ask me and i might just lend the present to you ;)
next was a blindfolded walk to st jame's park for a picnic, and well i can imagine the amount of stares i got. :) then ian kept pretending to be a dog chewing at my knee and i kept falling for it. you know how terrified i am of animals arghhh.
then i had to do a sudoku puzzle at buckingham palace but no one brought a pen so that was kiv'ed haha.
piecing together a jigsaw puzzle of the picture of us choir girls at big ben :)
last challenge- to busk at embankment tube station, and i couldnt be let off until i got two pounds. well lets just say i did explain to everybody what i was doing, i did sing (albeit for ten seconds, i only knew lk two lines of that song hahah) and i did get two pence. thank you fans.
;) then lunch with mayling, and a surprise musical - monty python's spamalot. i know, id never have watched that musical unless someone paid for it, but hey i was laughing my head off during the musical. you'd be surprised, but i actually get the jokes. sigh i am cheap to entertain.
dinner at los locos, really nice place, and we had mocktails ahhaah. no more alcohol for me!
oh and ian's erm cheesecake/lemon milky digestive thingy ahhaha thanks babe for (attempting) the cake! :D

then to top it off, nab's email came in that night. ;)
reading that email really made me think. about what i cant exactly put my finger to, just that i am humbled by what she wrote;all my grouses now seemed small and petty; and that i am very inspired to live life, passionately, again.

my birthday wish, as with every year, is to be truly happy, and that everyone around me will be happy too. ;)

No comments: