Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i am part 1 hear me roar

alright yes bock no more emo posts or else no one will want to talk to me ;)

i just read mr brown's blog and i came across this blog of this autistic lady. as some of you might know my cousin is autistic and therefore im always interested in reading stuff about autisitism and finding out more about it.
it amazes me at how this universe works- she is able to express herself perfectly well, it wouldnt be wrong for me to say that she might just express herself better and coherently than alot of young adults out there (me humbly included). the very first post talks about hatred and erasure- and she writes it with such wisdom its almost strange. yes she is autistic and she is unable to speak- she simply communicates in another manner which is not the norm.
i find my cousin highly artistic - he is extremely good with plasticine (i kid you not) the detailing of cartoon characters that he does leaves us in awe all the time. and i hear he's picked up piano and getting good at it.
im glad that they can do what they can do despite being labelled as autistic- strange as it sounds that one has to do so much just to prove a worth; i simply hope that this world has enough space (in their hearts) to accommodate their ways.

No comments: