Saturday, March 28, 2009

i wish you bluebirds in the spring


with the song 'i wish you love' (rachael yamagata's cover) in our heads (at least in mine and cheryl's), we set off for greece, unpsyched, unprepared, and without any expectations. true enough, we bummed around in athens, and in my bouts of nauseau on the first day from all the travelling i gave my most "du lan" face; then there was the 8 hours ferry ride to Santorini at 7am in the morning the next day. the trip, was, in short, tiring.

i wouldnt do it all over again, but I will definitely visit Santorini again. the town, Oia (pronounced Eeeyaaaa), was weepingly beautiful, with the trademark whitewashed houses set along the cliffs, and the sunset just right next to it- the world's most beautiful sunset indeed. one day i would love to go back and get lost in the town, walk through all the dog-faeces path into little knacks and pockets of little doors that seemed to lead to no houses; or just sit, and admire the view.

of course the second highlight of the trip was Captain Slow (shawnie's very proud of me that i made a Top Gear joke), or Bimb (without the 'o', cos spelling doesnt go with the character), depending on my mood, which shall henceforth be my new petname for my lover (and yes, im still calling you my lover despite elderly objections). we had a good time teasing her and giving her a long string of names (Captain slow- nerd- Bimb- Awesome!-ambitious but not overly driven- of Upper Bukit Timah) but really, i nearly had a heart attack seeing her crash her ATV. the rest was funny (the tyre burn smoke from Cher that irritated my eyes, she held the brakes the whole time!; me trying not to crash into her whenever she brakes; the return journey that didnt require the use of the accelerator at all hahaha), just the crashing part, not.
but ah what memories if not for this ditz.

No comments: