Friday, January 18, 2008

a rainy afternoon with jane austen

so i got home today and it started to rain really heavily. its been quite a cold day today, so i thought, well why not. made some tea, plopped down on my bed and started on karen joy fowler's 'the jane austen book club'.

i love reading books - its a cheap escape out of the real world. i feel like my world is widened with one more book read; then i wish that my whole life is all about reading books, and that i'd never stop. id just keep escaping into their little worlds.

and so on this random cold afternoon i feel a strong sense of wanting. wanting to go back to whats familiar, what defined me, who loves me, where id always have breakfasts in the mornings, and where the radio doesnt play alicia's keys' 'no one' ten thousand times over.
:)

No comments: