Monday, November 19, 2007

oh what an experience!

so i guess as most people should know, last friday i met with a really unfortunate accident. well it all began with me planning to go shopping at primark with shimmie, so we met in school and headed off in rather high spirits, because it was afterall a shopping trip:) but alas we didnt get very far. well when we got to the big sains at holborn, we were walking past these two construction workers who were removing some scaffolding, and well everything happened quite fast, but before i knew it i felt something (a scaffolding pole, the whole 80kg, really long pole) hit my head, so i fell to the floor grabbing my head (shimmie thought i tripped over something) and when i lifted my hands off my head well i saw blood on my hands, and (according to shimmie) blood was squirting out of my head, forming this puddle of blood infront of me. all i could think of was 'er this cant be happening right'
so then began the whole hysteria around me. shimmie was desperately trying to call 911 on her hp but she couldnt so she started screaming "call the ambulance!" (note: the number to call in uk is 999 :D) and then this gay guy came prancing over and lent us his scarf so we could have something to press against the wound. after a while the police and the ambulance came, i must say they didnt take too long. all i know was that there was alot of commotion around me and i was just trying to be calm and hoping that i would get to the hospital soon. (how freaky is this but mayling, who was on her way to ocf camp, actually saw the scene thingy but she couldnt see who was injured. !)
so they put me in a headbrace and strapped me to a stretcher, just in case. then they left me there for quite a bit of time cos they were trying to decide where to send me to. apparently the nearest hospital is also the busiest and they didnt want me to wait, but then again i seemed fine so they were well, just discussing. that was when i started getting really scared;) they had cornered off the area, and left me lying there in the cold, strapped, and i could see all the commotion around me and people talking about me but not to me, and shimmie wasnt anywhere nearby. i saw this guy in an apartment above the scaffolding taking pictures of the whole thing, and well i just felt really alone. so i started crying.
and even when i got on the ambulance i was crying even harder cos i telling shimmie to call my parents and i just felt so sad that they were so far away and how worried they would be to hear all these. haha shimmie was trying to get me to stop crying because it just made me bleed more and i was bleeding onto the ambulance floor which wasnt a pretty sight.
i guess everything got better when i got to the hospital. everyone seemed pretty amazed that i didnt feel alot of pain and that i was in quite a good shape. i had to wriggle my toes, tell them the colour of my socks, and wherever part of my body they pressed didnt hurt. so they stitched me up and sent me home.
nurses were pretty though (in ref to rai's qns, yes the nurses were really pretty)
by the time i made it back home my hair was a mangle of clotted blood and white blood cells. even after i shampooed my hair the first time my hair was still in tangles and shimmie had to spent another hour shampooing my hair for me. so now im not going to wash my hair for the next five days( until i take out my stitches!)
oh and i lost my wallet as well. bah.
;)
well. whenever mishaps happen to me i think of the life line on my palm, and the growing gap and the 'misfortune' that this one friend who once read my palm said to me. i did think it would be it, as morbid as it sounds, but then life's like that and i guess im just one really lucky girl.
and of course, all my awfully sweet friends ( as llewellyn was jealously telling me) who cared bout me, heres a big smooshy kiss to you guys;) esp shimmie. man this woman is my nanny! but she really did take very good care of me;) really glad you were around babe. and of course the apple crumble and gu ice cream;) and the many phone calls, albeit a tad bit expensive ones;)

alot of people had very funny response to my misfortune so, no shawn the scaffolding wasnt that short; and no adibah, im not going to forget that im from singapore and go back to china (!!); and no cheryl, i didnt forget you but i really didnt know your chinese name to begin with so thats not a valid question to ask! ;)

im really one blessed girl;)
just one small pic for those who wants to see the cleaned up wound (which according to ian, wont illicit anymore sympathy for me)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

oh. my. gosh.

pls take care my friend. u're seriously lucky to survive that. really thankful that u're a lot better le. did the doc mention anything abt any severe damage made to ur brain or nervous system?


shit. i still can't believe it. 80kg whamming on a small sized girl like you. pls pls pls take care!

yAnn said...

omg!!!
sayang sayang.
i'm glad you are feeling better now, must have been super traumatic!!

Although the bit about the gay guy prancing over to give you a scarf was quite hilarious. and well, primark will always be there (i'm jealous of you!).

Trufflesaurus said...

My my. Heard from cow about your little experiece, so decided to drop by. Glad you're fine. Take care!

Anonymous said...

heyhey i can't imagine 80 kg of scaffolding dropping on you! hope u feel ok now!

Anonymous said...

nip/tuck anyone?? =)

Anonymous said...

goodness, i hope you are feeling heaps heaps better alr! and keep smiling, toughie. ((:

-siying

evelyn said...

aiyo!!

keep the wound covered, buy more pretty hats!

Anonymous said...

TAI TAI!!!! You're STILL ALIVE!!!! OH MY GOD i was like FREAKING WORRIED when gabriel told me that "something nasty" happened to you. thank goodness. hahaha. must really OPEN your eyes the next time girl!!! hahaha. =p AND GABRIEL!!! YOU ARSE! MAKE IT SOUND LIKE JIA YUN died or something!!!

Rach said...

omgomg please, please pleeeease take care of yourself! not that it was your fault but i'm so glad you're ok. You're getting a huge bone-crushing hug from me next time i see you just coz i'm glad you're alive (:

Rach said...

OH! and maybe you can sue!!
haha just kidding. (:

(: said...

oh my goodness!!

Jia Yun! i happen to be blog surfing.. TAKE GOOD CARE OK! (:

Raihana said...

I dont remember asking abt nurses! And your scar looks nasty ):

jiayun said...

hello all:) yes im still alive arent you glad;) im getting the stitches out sooonnn and well i should be on my way to getting my compensation. i think. ;) but bottomline is that im well so yup:)
and no gab i didnt die pls stop telling ppl that! ;)

Unknown said...

urh. logically speaking, if u managed to post that entry PLUS reply to all our tags, you can't have possibly died! stupid joshua anyhow assume things. hey! shouldn't u be happy that i'm asking ur friends to shower some care and concern for you? haha!

haha yeah. that's the bottomline. really glad that u're fine now. =)

Ummu Durrah said...

yeah babe u shud sue. i think it's CRAZY and i hope they footed your damn bills! argh. -hugs- and yes i am very GLAD u are fine baby.

Anonymous said...

*hugz* glad that u r alright. remember to avoid construction sites like the plague!!

sheena said...

oh gosh i happened to be blog surfing and saw this! :( ok it's old news, but im really glad you're okay, you're a brave strong girl :)

and you've got a really pretty cap-like thing and blue dress in that post with a lot of pictures. hee :)

alrights then maybe i'll see you during christmas :) take plenty care!