Tuesday, June 16, 2009

big city streets are calling me loud-

heard a young man singing freely below my window, loud and proud, so i went to take a look:) well this world never ceases to amaze me. it was an old man, limping along with a walking stick, and then he stopped right outside my house for a while. (i think he was trying to pick up some girls/women). then he continued on, singing, in that young man's voice, and limping, in the body of an old man. a strange yet liberating sight to watch.
so nice ;)

so im all packed, and ready to take on the world! (and moroccan carpets. apparently they're very good at selling carpets! so says lonely planet. i quote "even the hardest minded of all tourists will find themselves inclining towards buying one once they step into the shop" when i pointed this out everyone seemed to point it back towards me. hello i know i am a shopaholic but not THAT bad! besides clothes are hard enough to lug back to singapore, much less a carpet.)
anw the read for the trip- the unbearable lightness of being. the first chapter got me thinking already :)


edit: i heard him again! my young sounding old man.

No comments: