Tuesday, September 23, 2008

insomnia

i was tossing and turning and i can hear all the cars driving past outside my house so i decided to give up trying to sleep. okay i shopped on asos, which makes me very guilty but hey i have insomnia! (yes i do need every excuse to shop).

i was surfing for wellington boots and i just saw the most gorgeous pair, (joules, this polka dotted one) but i shall reserve that until i do get a job- another incentive for me to get one real soon- and also for lse to give me my timetable real soon.

i have a half-eaten mooncake on my desk, and a two month-old cereal (which still tastes okay; after eating expired food for 11 weeks in poland i think food as long as its not mouldy or showing obvious signs of decay is fine).

i have not used the skipping rope; nor have i actually woken up early enough to run. i did try to do the yoga poses that the therapist taught us in poland though.

i have been getting backaches ever since i got back, and i seriously think its my unspringy mattress that is giving me the aches. i have half a mind to change it, which i think i will, even though im only going to sleep on it for a year at the most. and btw, another plank on my lousy bed broke again. so not my fault i dont think i gained that much weight...

i have to say, old drama serials do rock. 双天至尊 is such a classic, i can hear my mum screaming in the background 'how can like that one!' 'that doesnt make sense lor!' 'eh i can be the director already'. but its nice seeing singapore, and hearing cheesy chinese lines, and seeing how li nan xing got uglier from his younger self, quite unfortunately. he was quite good looking i dare say. that young, skinny, tanned heroic image which then turned into a shabby goatee slightly out of shape manly self.

life is brutal.

2 comments:

nana said...

hey..weina here. don't know if you remember me. i'm over at manchester doing a 1-sem exchange. Thinking of going down to london. haha. don't know if you'll be willing to show me around?

jiayun said...

yeah of course i remember you ;) sure thing just let me know when! my email is teojiayun@gmail.com we'd keep in touch through there!